Sunday, March 22, 2015

Election Day In Elkana: A Cause For Optimism

There is a famous Jewish story about a religious man who survived a shipwreck and was  left hanging onto a plank. A fishing boat approached and offered to take him back to shore. The man kindly refused saying that he was waiting for God to save him. The lesson of the story is that God helps those who help themselves.
It wasn’t a mere chance that I remembered this empowering vignette on the morning after the election when the final numbers were publicized.
Since I am an optimist by nature, feeling despair was not an option and I was looking for something that would cheer me up. Then I realized that  a fishing boat came for me too on the day of the election.
Please keep reading in the Times Of Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment