Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Greatest Country In The World


It has been more than a year since I last visited the US, but flying to Boston for the Barbara Pym Conference I wasn’t prepared for what awaited me at Logan Airport. Since half of the passport control positions were closed on a regular Thursday evening, we had to wait almost an hour. And after collecting our suitcases, there was another long and disorganized line for people and their luggage, waiting to hand in the custom form to the (only) two custom officers. In that second line we stood for over an hour.

In addition to the shock of seeing such lines, what surprised me most was that no one said a word. The same American people whom I hear vocalizing their complaints in Europe and in Israel, stood quietly and patiently. I was the only one to complain, everyone  else just waited there "tight upper lip” bravely tolerating the endless lines.
Please read more in
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-greatest-country-in-the-world/

No comments:

Post a Comment