Sunday, June 28, 2015

Two Lovely Misses: Together For Over Forty Years

My daughter's cello teacher was a tall woman with white hair and a kind smile. At the time when we met her she was in her early 70s, retired, and did not teach on a regular basis anymore. Still since we were in town only for a year she agreed to teach my four year old daughter. But she had one condition: I had to take cello lessons as well.
Her reason was that in order to appreciate what it meant for a young child to master the cello, and to help her practice, I had to learn it myself.
That teacher had a great reputation and I really wanted her to  teach my daughter, so I agreed. Besides, her explanation made sense since, in the Suzuki method for teaching young children music, the parent has to practice everyday at home with the child.
Please keep reading in the Times Of Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment