Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mother Of The Year Award

When my girls grew up I decided it was finally my time  to go back to school and get a PhD. I was ready and excited, and was certain that the outside world was as excited to have me back.
Once  I started the program I came across an announcement about a special scholarship for women. In my naivet√© I believed that it had my name written all over it. After all who wouldn't appreciate the determination of a mother who decides to go back to school after a long break? The answer is that no one did. There were no scholarships or any other type of awards for someone like me.
Shortly after I finished my PhD, I gave a paper at an international conference abroad. I got to talk to one of the other Israeli participants, a university professor. 
Please keep reading in the Times Of Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment